[fpc-pascal] Linking failed on RaspberryPi

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 22:09:23 CEST 2015

Peter wrote:
> On 04/09/15 02:15, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
>> Is there anything missing from my FPC installation?
>>
>> TIA for any hint.
>
> To build FPC programs on linux one generally needs a variant of
> libc-dev, which is not part of FPC itself.
> The package you need might be libc6-dev, or some other combination of
> 'libc' and 'dev'.
>
> Please post the solution if/when you find it for the benefit of others.
> This same question seems to keep poping up on this list.

You mean like I did [checks] on the 31st?
http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2015-August/045157.html

And that was without any particular additions, other than what came with
Raspbian 2014 as standard; Raspbian 2015 doesn't need most of those
options (i.e. either miss out the -FL and -Fl options, or follow
Martin's procedure).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk