[fpc-pascal] crosstool-ng

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Sep 13 00:08:26 CEST 2015

On 04/09/15 18:12, Chris Moody wrote:
> Going back to my cross compile to Pi question a while ago. I wounded up
> having to install crosstool-ng to cross compile VLC for the Pi.
>
> Could this tool also be used to to cross compile FPC apps?

crosstool-ng builds a combination of binutils, gcc, gdb, libc
(glibc/eglibc, uclibc, ...) llvm/clang for a particular target. You can
use the binutils and libc you build with crosstools-ng together with FPC
to cross-compile for that same target. crosstool-ng does not include
support for building/configuring an FPC cross-compiler.

Jonas