[fpc-pascal] is scrypt available?

Wed Oct 28 20:48:53 CET 2015

On 2015-10-27 14:14, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:

> the project in question uses very few outside developed libraries or units... we
> don't want to drag in a whole lot of stuff that's not needed or used by the rest

The reason there are many units is because it is well refactored. Each
unit represents a new Hash or Cipher implementation. So if you only want
one (out of the many options), it will probably only pull in 2, maybe 3
units.

> ok... one thing that confused me when looking at the wiki is it pointing out the
> lpk files and the repo but not much of anything else...

The wiki contains many Lazarus related things.... lpk is a Lazarus
feature - ie: Lazarus Packages. The DCPCrypt project supplies a Lazarus
Package for easy integration, but it is NOT required. I never use lpk's
any more in any of my projects.

> the screen shot is ok

I guess the problem with that is that there is nothing else to take a
screenshot of - how does a screenshot of Hashes or Ciphers look like.
;-) So the brighten up the wiki page, a screenshot of the Component
Palette icons was chosen.

> there's not much else
> describing the capabilities available or giving examples...

If you looked at the actual "Ciphers" and "Hashes" directories, those
units are pretty self explanatory. eg: Blowfish, TwoFish, Mars, ICE,
IDEA etc can be seen in the unit names.

The wiki also gives an example (pure code) if you look in the Bug
section of the wiki page. As for the bug, that is a corner case, and I
haven't tested or reseached it much. But I doubt it would affect many
people, so don't judge the whole DCPCrypt project based on that alone.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/