[fpc-pascal] Basic Windows tutorial

Sat Oct 24 14:03:30 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-24 03:36, Ryan Joseph wrote:
> Can I route STDOUT (does that exist on Windows?) from writeln to the
> message window in Lazarus? That’s pretty typical for development and
> I can’t see where it’s going right now.

I recommend one of the logging systems available. I use the tiLog unit
(and the various tiLogToGUI, tiLogToConsole and tiLogToFile units) from
the tiOPF [http://www.tiopf.com] project. Even though your project is
not tiOPF based, the logging functionality can be used with any project
and works very very well. The logging is thread based and some outputs
have built in cache buffers, so no matter how much logging you throw at
it, it doesn't slow down your application.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/