[fpc-pascal] Basic Windows tutorial

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sat Oct 24 04:36:25 CEST 2015

Ok, I did some reading and found out there is an anchoring plugin you can install that makes it one window, which is great.

Some questions:

I started a project using the “simple application” template which made a console window I don’t really want. Is there a way to remove that window? I don’t see any code which is creating it.

Can I route STDOUT (does that exist on Windows?) from writeln to the message window in Lazarus? That’s pretty typical for development and I can’t see where it’s going right now.

Do I need to do anything in Lazarus to package application resources (like images, data files) or do I just include them in the same directory as the executable? That’s just a general Windows question I guess but Lazarus seems to have a guy for this.

Thanks.

> On Oct 23, 2015, at 1:04 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> You don't need to use Lazarus as RAD. After all you can use it for example for console applications as well (like the compiler) which definitely aren't RAD. For your purposes you'd just need to start with the correct project template and the IDE would still assist you with its powerful codetools.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph