[fpc-pascal] Access GPIO pins on RPi2 without root?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 11:19:07 CEST 2015

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I have asked about this on the Pi forum instead, but I fear noone
>> (almost) over there use free-pascal so I have no high hopes.
>
> The point is that this question is completely unrelated to Pascal or
> Free Pascal. It's a basic Unix/Linux usage question, which is
> independent of the used programming language. If you ask how to access
> "GPIO pins on RPi2 without root" on a Linux/Raspberry forum, any answer
> you will get will equally apply to FPC as to any other language. You
> already have the Pascal code to access the pins from the wiki, per a
>
> You just mentioned that you don't like to subscribe to mailing lists
> because you already receive many mails. By posting mails on a list that
> are not really on topic, you make that exact same problem worse for
> other people that do prefer to use email rather than use a web or nntp
> interface.

FWIW, I agree and I'd like to apologise for making things slightly
worse. However I was doing my best to help somebody who obviously still
had problems, even though I anticipated that he'd eventually put himself
in the position where I had no choice but to stop.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk