[fpc-pascal] Access GPIO pins on RPi2 without root?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:09:58 CEST 2015

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:05:03 +0200, Jonas Maebe
<jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote on Wed, 07 Oct 2015:
>
>> How can one control the GPIO outputs on a Raspberry Pi2 without
>> needing the program to run as root? I am using Raspbian Wheezy and I
>> need to add two relays controls to my program.
>
>This really has nothing to do with either FPC or Pascal programming in
>general. Please ask such questions on the fpc-other list in the future.

I think that it really does because there must be some interface
between the FPC system and the underlying operating system managing
the hardware.
It usually is, so therefore I chose between this newsgroup and the
lazarus one for my question.
On the Raspberry Pi forum they do not know about FPC in general so I
got no response there.

As example for Windows I needed to get some special plug-in to Delphi
to be able to access the Windows hardware and that was delphi
programming. Why should it be off-topic here?

And this is the only fpc list I can find that is carried by Gmane
News.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden