[fpc-pascal] Methods for autoupdating fpc programs?

Mon Oct 5 07:48:58 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-04 23:23, Bo Berglund wrote:
> handles the update because we cannot say if cron starts it again while
> it is busy measuring. Maybe I would have to think about this race a
> bit, a lock file maybe....

That is easy to solve too... something I have done in practice too. Use
the SimpleIPC unit included with FPC. You can use that to check if
another instance of the application is already running. If it finds
another instance, then simply exit immediately.

SimpleIPC can be used for many things, this is just one example.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/