[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.x for Windows and code page conversion

Lubos Pintes lubos.pintes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:43:18 CET 2015

Hello,
I am developing a console application which receives an UTF-8 encoded
text through stdin.
The text is, after possible modification, sent to SAPI5. The SAPI5
generated interface wrappers have parameters of type string.
In FPC 2.6.4, I used UTF8toANSI on various places and that worked well.
Now after reading about FPC 3.x's unicode support, I thought that adding
this line say after begin in the main program could be enough:
SetMultiByteConversionCodePage(CP_UTF8);
It however doesn't work.
How can I solve this without conversion to ANSI?
Thanks