[fpc-pascal] OpenSSL

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 11:41:28 CET 2015

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Op 18-11-15 om 13:52 schreef Torsten Bonde Christiansen:
>> On 2015-11-18 13:32, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>>>
>>> But where did you install lnet from in the first place? Just update
>>> to the latest version isn't that hard? I do not know which version
>>> you are using, but if it is a recent one, the rename of the openssl
>>> unit is the only change. ;)
>> I've been using the one from here:
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/lnet/tags/release_0_6_5
>
> That version is a few years old, use trunk instead.
>
> The problem is that the original maintainer is not active anymore, so
> there are no new releases.

There've been a few changes to e.g. admit the possibility of using IP6,
and I've added a bit of stuff related to Telnet (not very good, I'd
hasten to say, but enough to do a specific job).

My understanding is that lnet is not formally part of FPC, but is
included as a convenience. It is outside the usual package scheme, and
is part of neither the RTL nor FCL.

So irrespective of lnet's merits, if there's a conflict with any part of
the RTL or FCL, it loses.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk