[fpc-pascal] OpenSSL

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Nov 18 13:32:52 CET 2015

Op 18-11-15 om 08:00 schreef Torsten Bonde Christiansen:
> On 2015-11-17 18:25, Serguei TARASSOV wrote:
>> On 17/11/2015 15:24, fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org wrote:
>>> In my program I need to use the OpenSSL unit from fpc
>>> (packages/openssl)
>>> AND I also need to use the lNET package.
>>>
>>> However my problem is that lNET also include a file named openssl.pas,
>>> although it seems to be never that the one included in packages it
>>> does not have the
>>> same methods included.
>>>
>>> So wheneven I include OpenSSL as a unit in my program it ALWAYS
>>> refer to
>>> the one in lNET, presumable because it is a package - how do I avoid
>>> this and
>>> instead use/refer to the fpc one?
>> As Michael wrote it is not possible without unit renaming because
>> there is no notion of package in compiler.
>> The proper solution is to compile lNET package as a library (static
>> library doesn't supported AFAIK but DLL is ok).
>> Then write a small wrapper to import some types, classes, and
>> functions and use DLL with shared memory.
>>
>> If you're required a really large interface of this package and then
>> large wrapper to write, you should better decompose your application
>> to compile some part as DLL with lNET package only.
> Thank you for your suggestion - but to be honest I think the easiest
> way for me is going to be: Use Lazarus to rename the OpenSSL unit from
> lnet, which hopefully renames all reference within the package itself.

But where did you install lnet from in the first place? Just update to
the latest version isn't that hard? I do not know which version you are
using, but if it is a recent one, the rename of the openssl unit is the
only change. ;)

Btw: the openssl unit form lnet is exactly the same as the openssl unit
in fpc.

Joost.