[fpc-pascal] OpenSSL

Serguei TARASSOV serge at arbinada.com
Tue Nov 17 18:25:51 CET 2015

On 17/11/2015 15:24, fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> In my program I need to use the OpenSSL unit from fpc (packages/openssl)
> AND I also need to use the lNET package.
>
> However my problem is that lNET also include a file named openssl.pas,
> although it seems to be never that the one included in packages it does not have the
> same methods included.
>
> So wheneven I include OpenSSL as a unit in my program it ALWAYS refer to
> the one in lNET, presumable because it is a package - how do I avoid this and
> instead use/refer to the fpc one?
>
> Regards,
> -Torsten.
As Michael wrote it is not possible without unit renaming because there
is no notion of package in compiler.
The proper solution is to compile lNET package as a library (static
library doesn't supported AFAIK but DLL is ok).
Then write a small wrapper to import some types, classes, and functions
and use DLL with shared memory.

If you're required a really large interface of this package and then
large wrapper to write, you should better decompose your application to
compile some part as DLL with lNET package only.

Regards,
Serguei