[fpc-pascal] howto store passwords

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:23:24 CET 2015

> In our previous episode, Klaus Hartnegg said:
> > With password
> > there would have to be a plan B in case users forget a password.
>
> And now you need a plan B for when the user changes email address.

Yes, this is where things could go wrong. And this is probably why some web
sites ask 2 different mail addresses or one mail address and one phone
number. OTOH, each time I lost my password recently, I NEVER got it back
from a web site, I always got a link to reset it or a temporary password.
This seems to indicate that the majority of the big web sites currently
don't store the passwords.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)