[fpc-pascal] Lazarus, FreePascal, and translated compiler messages

Yann Mérignac yann.merignac at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:55:43 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am part of a team that is reviewing the French translation of Lazarus.
The French language has accented characters. These characters are not
displayed in the message window of Lazarus. I think Lazarus expects UTF8
strings while the FreePascal translation file is encoded in cp850. For
other languages FreePascal translations files are in UTF8, ISO-8859 or
other encodings.

Can we convert the French translation from cp850 to UTF8 and send a patch
? Another solution would be to provide two versions of a file on for cp850
and antother for UTF8.