[fpc-pascal] Thoughts on Shell Approach to TCP Sockets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Mar 20 11:15:50 CET 2015

On 03/20/2015 12:18 AM, Coyo Stormcaller wrote:

> With a Userspace TCP/IP stack, I can send strange traffic with a raw
> UDP port.

In fact colleagues of mine once in Delphi implemented a TCP - like
solution that uses UDP transfer to do secure, especially low overhead
transfers via GPRS.

So I understand that such User-space IP stack extensions might make
sense in certain cases.

But a User-Space "TCP/IP-Stack" implementation that sits on naked
Ethernet does not seem to make any practical sense.

-Michael