[fpc-pascal] PtrInt - possible candidate to be marked as deprecated

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Wed Mar 18 17:36:13 CET 2015

  QueueAsyncCall takes two arguments - a pointer to a method and data.
The method declaration must be of the type:

TDataEvent = procedure (Data: PtrInt) of object;

My apps have loads of methods defined as above and would certainly fail
to compile if the PtrInt type was replaced with Ptruint. At the minimum
it would require a search and check through all source code to make sure
that the signed type was not significant followed by a sed script to
effect the change.

Just for interest, I did a find and grep on the lazarus LCL directory
(.pas, .pp and .inc) files and found 837 lines on which PtrInt was present.
The lazarus components directory has 474 instances.