[fpc-pascal] Internet audio streaming ?

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:14:46 CET 2015

Hello.

I have some problem with audio internet streaming.
I would like to do it with mpg123 + portaudio libraries but...

Here is the procedure used by mpg123 =>
mpg123_open_fd = function( mh:Tmpg123_handle; fd: Integer).

I have sent to mpg123-forum that question =>

> Hello and congratulation for your superb library.
> In your doc you say that, for use of internet streaming, it is better to
> use
> mpg123_open_fd = function( mh: Tmpg123_handle; fd: Integer).
> OK but i do not understand what is fd parameter.
> Is it the ip address ? Because it is type of integer. ???
> Many thanks

Here their answer =>

> The parameter is a file descriptor you obtained from opening the HTTP
> connection yourself.
> There is no HTTP code in libmpg123 itself.

Hum, how can i obtain such of file descriptor ?
And how to open a HTTP connection ?
There is a new feature in fpc 3.x.x => a http client.
Could it do the job ?

PS: I have the fpc headers for mpg123 and portaudio libraries.
There are working perfectly with fpc => can play "local" *.mp3 without
problem.

Thanks.

Fre;D

-----