[fpc-pascal] how to use procedure of object in C

Ewald ewald at yellowcouch.org
Mon Mar 9 19:05:01 CET 2015

On 09 Mar 2015, at 18:43, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You must be sure that self is passed in the correct register.
> I am not sure this is the case if you declare it as an extra argument.

It is, as long as the `self` is the first parameter. Same goes for `Class Procedure XXX;` kind of declarations (in constrast to `Class procedure XXX; static;`).

I don't know how long that is going to last however (since this hidden parameter thingy is an implementation detail of the compiler I think). So I fully agree: it would be a kindness of the compiler people to confirm this :-)

--
Ewald