[fpc-pascal] fpGUI - UI Designer - place own components ?

Fri Mar 6 11:26:01 CET 2015

On 2015-03-05 08:42, Peter Krawies wrote:
>   how to make descendants from the fpGUI visual components

To create new widgets/components, pick a base component that is close to
what you need, or descend from TfpgWidget (in the fpg_widget.pas unit).

>   and then place my own derived Components
>   into the component palette of the UI Designer.

In the UI Designer project all widgets that appear on the component
palette is registered in the vfdwidgets.pas unit in the
RegisterWidgets() procedure. Looking at the existing ones the code
should be self explanatory.

Alternatively (in a pinch) you can simply use the TOtherWidget at the
end of the component palette. When you drop that on your form it will
prompt you for the actual Widget Class to use. You will not see your
actual widget in the designer form - only a green rectangle, but when
you compile and run your app, it should appear as it should. When you
use TOtherWidget, you use the "Unknown Lines" memo in the Object
Inspector to specify any property values.

You can also integrate the fpGUI UI Designer into Lazarus, MSEide or any
other programmer editor via their External Tools functionality.

For quicker and more fpGUI specific support, may I suggest you use the
official fpGUI support newsgroup to post questions. You can use a
dedicated NNTP news client, or the web interface. Here is a URL to give
you all the details.

  http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/support.shtml

Regards,
  - Graeme -