[fpc-pascal] FPC embedded ?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Mar 5 11:26:46 CET 2015

If you are interested in bare metal development (without linux as a host
OS) then the ST Nucleo boards are a very interesting choice, they come
with an integrated ST-Link Debugger interface and have
Arduino-compatible headers. Cost is about €12,--

Make sure to get a model with Cortex-M3 or Cortex-M4 chips, Nucleo F401
or Nucleo F411 Board are a good choice if you need performance,
Nucleo-L152RE is good for low power.

When you are more in development based on Linux then I fully agree with
Adriaan,

Raspberry Pi 2 works very well it is the platform I like most at the
moment, Beaglebone Black is a good choice when you need lots of I/O Pins
and need to have reliable timing (It has two extra microcontrollers
(PRU) integrated that can share i/O with the main processor)

Michael