[fpc-pascal] Warning: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jun 18 17:53:50 CEST 2015

On 18/06/15 17:37, Peter wrote:

> The problem occurs with BOTH switches -Cr & -CO
> Any one of these, and the compiler is silent,

-CO is a switch that is barely used and that is tested even less,
unfortunately (no extensive tests were added along with it). I would not
recommend to use it in its current state, since it will indeed cause
many more false positives than generate useful information.

> Is this a bug?

You can file a bug report at http://bugs.freepascal.org

Jonas

PS: please don't reply to existing messages when starting a new thread,
as it breaks automatic threading in mail clients.