[fpc-pascal] FPC roadmap?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jun 1 16:31:29 CEST 2015

Serguei TARASSOV wrote on Mon, 01 Jun 2015:

> Personally, I'm able to use fixes_3_0 branch, the problem is that
> solution is not easy to support even for small developers group and
> some build/tests servers environment (mixed with D7 and dozens
> third-party libs).
> So we stay on Lazarus 1.4 packaged with FPC 2.6.4 actually.
>
> Amusing situation: both main compilers used in production are not
> more supported :)

Well, bugs will always only fixed in the next release, never in an
existing release. So I think that regardless of whether FPC 2.6.x is
supported or not, there's not really a difference. Once 3.0 is out and
a bug is found there, it will again only be fixed at the earliest in
the next release (and whether this next release is a 3.0.x, 3.x.0 or
even 4.x, 3.0 will be "unsupported" in the sense that it will never
get the fix).

Jonas