[fpc-pascal] fpc2.6.4 compilation problem

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at web.de
Sun Jan 11 12:43:22 CET 2015

Hi Vahe

Am 11.01.2015 um 12:00 schrieb fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org:

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 16:48:52 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Vahe Sahakyan <vahe.sahakyan at yahoo.com>
> To: "fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org"
> 	<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
> Subject: [fpc-pascal] fpc2.6.4 compilation problem

> Hello,
> I have some difficulties to compile my PASCAL code with external?subroutine in FORTRAN on MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 using fpc 2.6.4.
> The problem is the following: I need to run the program in Pascal?containing the external procedure in FORTRAN which uses the standard?CERNLIB packages such as libpacklib. ?
> In the attached please find the code in PASCAL (as an example) with?external procedure on FORTRAN which I?m training to compile. The names?of these two programs are: ?exmppas.p? ?and ?exmpfrt.f?, and for?compilation I'm using the following commands:
> $ gfortran -c exmpfrt.f$ fpc exmppas.p -Fl/sw/lib/gcc4.9/lib
> where with the -Fl/sw/lib/gcc4.9/lib I link the required libraries which?I use in my code. But I get the following error:?Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2015/01/09] for x86_64Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and othersTarget OS: Darwin for x86_64Compiling exmppas.pAssembling (pipe) exmppas.sLinking exemptsUndefined symbols for architecture x86_64:? "___powisf2", referenced from:? ? ? _hbin_ in libpacklib.a(hbin.o)ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64An error occurred while linking?exmppas.p(15) Error: Error while linkingexmppas.p(15) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stoppingFatal: Compilation abortedError: /sw/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
> I'm using fpc 2.4.6.Please note I have tried the same things on MAC OS X Maverick 10.9.5?using fpc 2.4.0 and it works without any problems .
> I cannot figure out what is the problem. My be in this new version for?linking libraries I should use another command or I have done mistake?somewhere else?Can someone help to solve the problems?
> Thank you in advance.Best regards,Vahe

As much as I know, the missing symbol ___powisf2 is part of the fortran library, libgfortran, which should be in /sw/lib/gcc4.9/lib/. Maybe check, whether this is really the case.
Secondly, how does the linker get the information to link libgfortran? Through a linklib directive? If not, you may have to use the fpc options "-k -lgfortran" to pass the information to the linker.

Passing -vt or even -va will give you further (in case of -va a huge amount) of information building your program. I do not expect any difference between 2.4.0 and 2.6.*. I am using 2.6.4 on 10.9 in combination with gfortran and it works well.

Michael.

P.S. can you somehow achieve, to send a plain text email. The way you did it results in a very hard to read output.