[fpc-pascal] New Get Lazarus Initiative

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:48:07 CET 2015

On 2/4/2015 3:20 AM, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Okay, I'll work on new builds ASAP which include the revision numbers
> from inside Lazarus as well as clearly labeled revision text files
> placed in the FPC and Lazarus folders. These files will contain the
> branch name and SVN revision number.
>
> I've modified the line you mentioned to read "To get the testing
> versions of Free Pascal 3.0 and Lazarus 1.4 download the setup program".
>
> To everyone else, anyone can edit the pages, so if anyone cares to
> clarify anything on any page, just click edit this page and I'll
> review an apply the changes.
On a general note, while I appreciate the overall effort, just
mentioning FPC3.0 and Lazarus 1.4, which both do not exist (just yet)
might rather backfire and give it a kind of "vaporware" look...

Also, you might reconsider to immediately trigger the download of a
random image in .exe format when switching to the "Get Lazarus" page,
that doesn't look good either, considering that this is a way how not so
nice fellows are trying to spread malware...

Just my quick 2c,

Ralf

---