[fpc-pascal] Lack of 'volatile' a serious issue. Any other such caveats?

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Dec 18 15:02:27 CET 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, R. Diez wrote:

> Maintaining your own independent compiler is hard, and I would have
> expected that FreePascal had turned to GCC or LLVM a long time ago.

Thank God that never happened (not as the first option anyway),
considering the state of the GNU toolchain on some platforms we actively
support. (And LLVM support is simply non-existing for many others.)

OK, these are usually very small platforms, but the large development
communities usually consider these a "nuance", and actively left behind or
pushed out of the main development trees, while with FPC we still somehow
manage to happily co-exist with the big ones.

Charlie