[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0: Where can I find fpc RTL tuned for {$mode DlephiUnicode} ?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Dec 15 09:09:29 CET 2015

Dmitry Redkin wrote:
> FPC 3.0 Introduces a new $mode : DelphiUnicode, which assumes string =
> UnicodeString. I'm trying to use this mode and I can't find where RTL
> string functions for this mode are located.

The RTL has not yet been adapted for this syntax mode, we only have the
compiler, i.e. syntax, support right now. The only RTL support for
Unicode-based programs we added is documented at
http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0#Multiple_codepage_and_unicode_support_for_most_file-related_RTL_routines

I've now explicitly documented the limitations of the new syntax mode at
http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0#New_delphiunicode_syntax_mode

Jonas