[fpc-pascal] Where is fpc finding link directories?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Dec 11 19:31:12 CET 2015

On 11/12/15 18:44, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Jonas, well the thing is on Raspbian the GLESv2 implementation, which
> works with the Pi GPU, is at /opt/vc/lib by default. It's owned by root
> and there is no install. The install I was referring to is building and
> installing of SDL2 from sources. I already have to tell SDL2 build to
> find the correct includes at /opt/vc/include and was considering making
> the GLESv2 symlinks in /usr/lib, since that's where SDL2 gets put by
> default. But, maybe I'll modify the SDL build to use $HOME/lib and
> create symlinks to the required GL libs in $HOME/lib as well.

The proper way is to add simply the necessary directories to the library
search paths in that case. Don't add symlinks, if only because it will
make the build environment non-standard and if people need help, they
can only come to you because you're the one that created this custom
build environment.

Jonas