[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:04:33 CET 2015

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 09:14:08 +0100, Jonas Maebe
<jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

>> So how do I get rid of the erroneous fpc? I have no idea at all what
>> the install.sh script did so I can revert it....
>
>You don't have to. If you install the x86_64 version on top of it, it
>will become the new default. The i386 compiler will still be available
>via ppc386 and "fpc -Pi386".

Thanks, I downloaded the x64 tar file instead and extracted it in
parallel to the i386 one in the Downloads directory, then entered the
dir and commanded:
sudo sh install.sh

And it worked fine. FPC is now the x64 version.

Then I returned to the Lazarus folder where I had checked out
lazarus_1_6_RC1 and issued make bigide.

Now there were some warnings like this:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../link.res contains output sections; did you
forget -T?
But it did finish without errors.

When I type in ./startlazarus on the command line Lazarus seems to
start up OK, but then it displays the "Configure Lazarus IDE" dialog
box where it asks for the path to fpc sources...

But I have no idea where the sources were placed by the "very big with
everything" file I downloaded to install fpc x64 version...

I assume the install.sh script has put the sources somewhere on the
disk, for example below /usr/local, but I am not Linux versed enough
to know how to find the exact location.

Could someone here please tell me where?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden