[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Mon Dec 7 22:36:34 CET 2015

On 2015-12-07 20:52, Bo Berglund wrote:

> 5) During installation I was asked to select target and entered
> /usr/local as I was told in another case some time ago.

The nice think of the command line installer, is that you can install to
your $HOME directory as well. You do not require root permissions.

> Now I have to deal with Lazarus, but that is another list/forum...

Use Git or SubVersion to checkout whatever version you want. On the
Github mirror, via the website, you can download a ZIP archive of a
branch too.

The simply do:

   make ide
or
   make bigide

depending on how much you want included by default into Lazarus. Once
you have a Lazarus executable, then you can build a new lazarus from
inside Lazarus (eg: when installing new components etc).

Been doing this process for 5 years and it never failed me.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/