[fpc-pascal] Unicode file names

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Dec 5 13:44:08 CET 2015

On 05/12/15 13:36, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 12:55:42 +0100 (CET)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>>> fpcres fails on Windows with paths containing non ASCII characters. The
>>> compiler itself happily compiles units. FPC 3.0.0 and 3.1.1.
>>>
>>> Is that a regression?
>>
>> I don't think so, since that has probably never worked correctly.
>
> Is there any FPC tool that supports Unicode file names on Windows?

The title of the message and your latest questions talks about unicode
"Unicode", but in your original text you talk about "non-ASCII". Did you
mean "non-ANSI"?

No FPC tools contain any platform-specific file handling, nor do they
change any of the Default.*CodePage settings. They all use either
ansistrings or shortstrings.

Jonas