[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 15:38:35 CEST 2015

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 29/08/15 11:55, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>> "
>> make PP=/home/pi/fpc/3_0/eabihf/lib/fpc/3.0.1/ppcarm OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1
>> all
>> "
>> in a fixes_3_0 checkout works for me.
>
> Note that Mark is building 3.0.0rc1, not fixes_3_0. Building an older
> revision with a compiler built from a newer revision is never supported
> (although in this very specific case, it might work since there are
> barely any differences between 3.0.0rc1 and the current fixes_3_0 branch).

I'm under a bit of pressure to demonstrate that a Raspberry Pi is a
"real computer", not just a target for a cross compiler (I've done
plenty of that sort of thing in the past).

Martin, what would be really useful is knowing /exactly/ what sources
you used to build your binary at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/

> In any case: you should have to pass OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF" to get an armhf
> compiler (even if you already start with an armhf compiler). I haven't
> updated the compiler readme yet, but I've at least mentioned this in the
> mean time at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0#Support_for_the_armhf_EABI

Thanks, noted and aware.

--