[fpc-pascal] I-Pascal: IDE based on IntelliJ platform

Mon Aug 24 10:05:56 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-22 13:27, ARGB32 wrote:
> /usr/bin is checked for fpc executable.

Under Linux (with its messed up file system hierarchy - user programs
mixed with system programs) that might work, but under FreeBSD (and
probably other *nix-type OSes too) it will most likely be located in
/usr/local/bin.  The same for the system wide fpc.cfg - under FreeBSD it
will be in /usr/local/etc/fpc.cfg

But that is no guarantee either. I for example always use the official
FPC installer, which means I can install to any location I have write
access too (all without root privileges), so I often install FPC into my
$HOME directory.

Maybe it is best to first see if you can retrieve the location via
'which fpc'. If it is not found, then look in some hard-coded locations.
If still not found, them prompt the user for the path.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/