[fpc-pascal] Windows IOT Core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:02:57 CEST 2015

Am 20.08.2015 01:09 schrieb "Chris Moody" <inquiry at greensnakedesign.com>:

> On 08/19/2015 02:14 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
>>
>> Did anybody try to compile fpc programs for this variant of Windows 10.
>>
>> It is available for ARM (eg it's said to run on the RasPI) and on Intel
(e.g. for the "MinnowBoard Max") .

>> Seemingly M$ suggest to do non-native software (Java or C#) (->
https://dev.windows.com/en-us) But IO don't see why native fpc programs
should not be runable.

>> (Is there already a Windows 10 / ARM RTL ?)
>>
>> -Michael
>

> I was beginning to wonder if this might be an easier task than getting FP
for Linux to cross compile.

Not if Microsoft requires apps to use the Windows RT APIs (probably even in
form of universal apps). Because FPC has zero, null, nadda support for this.

And even then you'd need a suitable assembler that can assemble to ARM-COFF
(don't know whether mingw has something suitable there).

Regards,
Sven