[fpc-pascal] Cross compile from x86 to Pi

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 17 15:42:36 CEST 2015

On 08/17/2015 02:15 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
>  Of course, wiring it into an IDE is a different question, that I
> don't know (and don't use)...
That is what I was trying to do.

In fact Lazarus provides settings for OS and Arch to be used. But I did
not get this to work at that time.

Configuring a remote debugger for Lazarus is even harder.

There are two possible ways to do that: "remote gdb" and using the
normal gdb on the target and connecting via SSH.

Remote gdb:
  - I had not been able to create the gdb (x85) / gdbserver(ARM) pair
(not an fpc issue at all)
  - I read that remote gdb does not allow for manually stopping a
running program under debug if no breakpoint is reached (so it does not
seem very desirable)

SSH:
There is code for this in Lazarus, but it is commented out. I did not
have enough spare time to take a deeper look at that.

So we (me and a nice guy from Vienna who already started to write a
documentation on Lazarus cross compiling and remote debugging, which I
promised to translate into English) gave up.

-Michael