[fpc-pascal] Cross compile from x86 to Pi

Chris Moody inquiry at greensnakedesign.com
Sun Aug 16 05:46:46 CEST 2015

On 08/15/2015 07:40 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Hi,

>>> With Ubuntu/Debian:
>>> - apt-get install binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf
>>>
>>> **snip**
>> Thanks for that Charlie, I now have that installed. Do I have to do the
>> compile with fpc? or can I do it via Lazarus?
> I'm pretty sure it's possible with Lazarus, but I can't give exact
> instructions, because I rarely use Lazarus, I prefer using the compiler
> itself directly from the command line.
>
> However, this page has some pointers:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM#Make_your_first_arm-linux_project_in_Lazarus
>
> Charlie

Looks like I need to recompile FPC (or make a special compile of it) to
be able to compile to ARM.

That URL you gave me says how to compile it, but not sure about if I
need to have some special cross compile code for the
CROSSBINDIR=/home/user/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ portion of it, or do I just
point it to where Linux installed the items installed with apt-get
install binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf ?

Thanks once again!

Chris