[fpc-pascal] Object Pascal Handbook

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Aug 7 14:45:20 CEST 2015

writes:

> I'm pretty confident that much of the language content will be
> applicable even when using FPC.

Good.

Is it reasonable to assume that if there are some current ’Delphi-only’
features described in the book they are going to arrive in FPS sooner or
later?

> The best solution would probably be to download a sample (normally
> Kindle books allow that) and see for yourself.

So far, nothing is available, neither detailed TOC, nor sample pages…

> Incidently, I came across a "Start programming using Object Pascal" book
> on my hard drive last night. It uses Free Pascal specifically. It was
> written by Motaz Abdel Azeem, and is available for free (Creative
> Commons license). I couldn't find it on the original site (code.sd), so
> made it available on my server. It is about 160 pages. I quickly scanned
> through the content and it seems pretty good as a starting point - as
> the title says. ;-)

Thanks a lot! I bet we already stumbled on it, but, somehow, forgot it
later. :-(

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is considered still further advanced when he regards honest
well-wishers, affectionate benefactors, the neutral, mediators, the envious,