[fpc-pascal] Discussion of mantis #27923 & #27927, esp. for Michael van Canneyt

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 22 08:36:53 CEST 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, leledumbo wrote:

> #27923:
> Do you use nginx?

No.

Michael.
> if yes then
> __Do you use the conf file inside the zip?
> __if yes then
> ____well, that's weird...
> __else
> ____mind sharing your nginx config? though it actually is the same as the
> one I asked here a few years ago, I can't make it work with my current nginx
> else
> __someone else using nginx can make it work?
>
> #27927:
>> From http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?title=fcl-web&oldid=65617
> (which seems to be the first time "using actions" section appears):
> "http://mysite/mycgi.cgi/user/delete&id=12
>
> would execute the action named 'delete'. This is equivalent to the URL
>
> http://mysite/mycgi.cgi/user?action=delete&id=12"
>
> That equivalency is false, right? Just confirming before I edit that part...

I checked svn logs, there has never been a default value for action variable name.

Now, the wiki says

"The 'ActionVar' property of the module can be used to set the name of the request variable to use."

Which is correct.

I can see where you got the idea that "action" is the default action variable name, so maybe
it is best to edit that page and add a note to that section.

We could obviously introduce a default for this variable, but I am afraid it could cause problems
with existing code.

Michael.