[fpc-pascal] fpcup fails on Linux

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sun Apr 19 14:26:55 CEST 2015

On 04/18/2015 12:48 PM, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Thanks for everybody for testing.
> I could finally install FPC trunk in my development machine, Mint
> Linux 64-bit, using fpcup. I remember it failed also there earlier for
> some reason.
> I still don't know what caused the errors in the fresh XUbuntu and
> other Linux distros in virtual machines. I hope fpcup will be
> maintained again soon, it is a nice tool when it works.

I have some goals for fpcup.  Last week I left notes on the Lazarus
forum about making small VMs with Debian Jessie RC2 *and* ReactOS (Win32):
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,26315.0.html

One goal is to have simple Linux and Win32 VMs that fpcup works in.
That should help with testing things, and also help people get started.

Comments welcomed!