[fpc-pascal] Using Cairo lib on Linux without X

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:36:35 CEST 2015

> $ sudo apt-get build-dep cairo
> Interesting. That works in Ubuntu but not in Mint.
> They are more and more distinct.

Ooops, indeed, just try on my Mint 17 => E: Impossible to find source for
cairo package...

> I guess I must download the Cairo sources from somewhere before doing "cd
> cairo".

Yep, usually i use sudo apt-get build-dep xxx but it does not work any
more...

You may download src from =>
=> http://cairographics.org/releases/cairo-1.14.2.tar.xz
=> unzip it.
=> $ cd cairo-1.14.2
=> $ ./configure --disable-libX11 (or --disable-X11 ?) (or --enable-X11=no
?)
=> $ make
=> $ sudo make install

Fre;D