[fpc-pascal] detect CPU cores

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:57:41 CEST 2014

Please disregard my previous statement abour renaming register names. I was
completely wrong. The problem most likely was with a wrong asm mode. Try to
specify the asm mode explicitly by adding
{$ASMMODE INTEL}
at the begging of the unit.

You might try an alternative version here: http://pastebin.com/ujyBLjYZ

Register names and more important ABIs are CPU dependent 32 vs 64 bit.
Has little to do with OS, though knowledgable apporach is necessary.

If you need to have the code working for both 32 and 64, you might need to
use compiler directive $IFDEF.with the CPU target you need.

The good news, if you compile win32 bit application it will run just fine
on win64 and will provide you with the most accurate results possible.So
you can use the existing 32-bit code.

IRC, some extra efforts would be needed to run 32-bit binary on 64bit Linux.

thanks,
Dmitry