[fpc-pascal] MS SQLConn - Possible memory leak in driver (dblib or libiconv2)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Oct 17 21:27:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

My FPC is 2.6.5 on Windows + SQLServer 2008.

I have a big loop. This loop calls a INSERT script (using SQLdb) to
insert records at a table.
Everything works. I do not have mem-leak (heaptrc dialog is 0 unfreed)
in my code. But the Windows "Commit charge" grows up exponential and I
got an error "virtual memory...".

So, I think this memory leak could be in dblib.dll or libiconv2.

Another possibility of this bug is the SQLdb itself.
If I close the program, all memory going to free. But until it is open
the memory grows up, even after ApplyUpdates and Commit.

Somebody can help me?

More info:
Lazarus 1.3 r46340M FPC 2.6.5 i386-win32-win32/win64 and SQLServer 2008.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas