[fpc-pascal] Trying to register a Windows Service gives error

Graeme Geldenhuys ggeldenhuys at qts.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 17:12:21 CEST 2014

On 06/10/2014 11:59, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> C:\Q-Point\csvimporter>csvimporter_service -i
> exception at 0042CD50:
> System error, (OS Code 5):
> Access is denied.

Just a quick follow-up...

I eventually found the problem (by pure luck). Windows Server is weird!
Even though we logged in with an Administrator privileged account, when
you open the standard Command Prompt window, it is NOT admin privileged.
Thus the error. We had to right click the Command Prompt shortcut and
select "Run as Administrator" - then the service registered and ran fine.

Regards,
  Graeme

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Quality Technology Systems Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. If you receive the message in error, please immediately delete it, destroy all copies of it and notify the sender. Internet email is not a totally secure medium and therefore Quality Technology Systems Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are free from viruses. However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any virus transmitted by us and recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking procedure. Registered in England No. 3208823