[fpc-pascal] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 20:17:40 CEST 2014

On 26.05.2014 15:07, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 05/26/2014 02:23 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> I don't see a need for this in the FCL yet. At least not until the
>> dust that you are whirling up has settled down as FPC has a quite slow
>> release cycle.
>>

> I absolutely agree.
>
> Nonetheless I feel that (a decently multi-arch enabled version) of
> TEpikTimer does make sense in the FCL as a courtesy class  (in fact
> TList is a "courtesy class" as well, as it does not support syntax candy
> but just is provided directly for the user to use).

TList and TEpikTimer are two completely different things. The former is
already required out of Delphi compatibility while TEpikTimer is not.
Additionally container structures can be considered essential for
basically every software while a timing component is not...

> Especially as the
> multi-arch support of EpikTimer is really critical and it would be very
> helpful to know that this issue  is managed by the fpc team.

And you don't think we FPC developers have enough to do with the
remaining RTL and FCL on all those platforms we support?

> Hence including it in the svn seems nice to me, especially regarding
> that I'd like to use it in a Lazarus enhancement.

Then let it be put in Lazarus in components/epiktimer ... Lazarus
releases more often than FPC does.

Regards,
Sven