[fpc-pascal] Cross Compile : treefilteredit.pas(60, 60) Error: Illegal expression

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon May 19 16:01:16 CEST 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 15:39, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> El 19/05/14 13:43, Jonas Maebe ha escrit:
>
>> b) delete /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.4/ppc386
>> c) rebuild the cross-compiler, but this time use "make crossinstall"
>> instead of "make install" at the end (I've updated the wiki article)
>
> I had to adapt the instructions:
>
> sudo make all CPU_TARGET=i386 -> I dropped the sudo

If that worked, then the permissions on your system are broken (at
least if you literally followed the instructions on that wiki page).
Nothing under /usr should be writable for regular users.

> sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=i386 -> installed everything in
> /usr/local/lib[*], I then manually moved that to /usr/lib64, so now
> I have:

You should not move anything to /usr, that directory belongs to your
package manager (I thought we still wrongly put things there by
default under Linux, but apparently that has been fixed; that's also
why I, erroneously, mentioned /usr above). /usr/local is the correct
destination for user-installed software and files.

Since an FPC-cross install is not complete on its own, you will
actually also have to install a full x86-64 FPC installation under /
usr/local. We do not and will not support mixing and matching
installations spread over multiple installation prefixes (nor
installations whereby you add files to directories that are reserved
for the system/package manager).

> [*]I tried playing with DESTDIR but it didn't change the installation
> directory.

There is no DESTDIR parameter in our makefiles, I'm not sure where you
got that from. You can change the installation directory by setting
INSTALL_PREFIX (but again, you should never change it to /usr).

Jonas