[fpc-pascal] Armv7 fpc openocd v8

Jeppe Græsdal Johansen jeppe at j-software.dk
Sat May 17 10:14:46 CEST 2014

Den 17-05-2014 01:33, Justin Smyth skrev:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have recently got open ocd v8 to talk to my nxp lpc 1343 via a
> stlinkv2 , should fpc ( 2.6.4 or higher support this type of CPU and
> does anyone have any ideas how to hook up gdb to openocd ? I am
> thinking of using Lazarus to step through some code if possible)
>
> Justin

FPC supports that, yes.

To build fpc for it run:
make buildbase installbase OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=arm
SUBARCH=armv7m CROSSINSTALL=1

To compile an application for it:
fpc -Parm -Tembedded -Cparmv7m -WpLPC1343FHN33 -gw yourprogram.pas

In Lazarus you can use "GNU remote debugger (gdbserver)" to connect to
openocd. You'll need to point it at a GDB compiled for arm-elf.
I'm not sure it will work though, but I think that was what that was
developed for.

Best Regards,
Jeppe