[fpc-pascal] how to disable case sensitivity for file names on *nix?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat May 10 20:09:24 CEST 2014

i'm using git to pull a project from sourceforge to a windows box and to a linux
box... on windows, the project compiles fine... on linux, though, all of the
files' names are lowercase but the sources have upper and CaMeL cased file names
in the uses and include statements... i have no control over the project or the
git repository it originates from...

i surely don't want to have to edit the sources to lowercase all the uses and
includes statements every time i update my local repositories... how can i get
it to compile on linux no matter what case the names are? is there anything i
can do on my side of the fence to tell fpc to operate case insensitive?
hopefully a simple command line option i can easily add to my build script?