[fpc-pascal] Identifier not found "MEMW"

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu May 8 23:49:19 CEST 2014

On 5/8/2014 2:35 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Due to memory organization of modern operating systems, the Mem, MemW and
> MemL are only supported under DOS and *cannot* be supported elsewhere.
> This is legacy, non-portable code, which you have to rewrite to work with
> a modern operating system, or any other CPU than i386.

This might be easy to port, however, if the original programmer used
mem[] as a shortcut (for example, writing a character directly into
video RAM).  For some cases, it's easy to rewrite.

If the OP could post a short snippet of the code that uses mem[], we
could advise how difficult it would be to port...
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)
Check out some trippy MindCandy: http://www.mindcandydvd.com/