[fpc-pascal] Castle Game Engine 5.0.0 release

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 5 17:11:33 CEST 2014

Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're proud to announce the release of Castle Game Engine 5.0.0 :)
> Castle Game Engine is an open-source (LGPL) 3D and 2D game engine, of
> course for modern Object Pascal (FreePascal / Lazarus). We support many
> 3D formats and various graphic effects. The main engine site, with
> detailed list of features, links to downloads and documentation, is on
>
>   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/engine.php

I wonder whether I could ask one very basic question. Is this intended
for creating e.g VRML that can then be used with other viewers, or is
the intention simply to use VRML as an intermediate format to describe
scenes and objects which then are animated using Castle and rendered to
a local display via a high-bandwidth API such as OpenGL?

Leading on from that, can Castle interwork with formats handled by
Second Life and related projects? What are its selling points when
compared with OpenSimulator, Open Cobalt and so on?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk