[fpc-pascal] FCGI MultiThreaded

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 2 14:30:20 CEST 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 05/02/2014 12:44 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> I see you are still determined to push your ideas.
> Is it nasty "pushing" just to state what you think is going to be useful for
> the community, when the chance occurs ?

It becomes nasty, if you repeat it for the bazillionth time.

>> Please, Please, please, do everyone a favour and get started on it.
> In fact, right now I do have a concept in my head that really might work
> (i.e. can sensibly be done without the need to completely re-do the internals
> of the WidgetType stuff in the LCL which obviously does not make sense) .
>
> I immediately would start, if I would have the spare time and/or the need. I
> _can_ do some researching as a background task and collect the results for me
> or anybody else who might be  interested. When I started the research, I did
> have the need, as I was willing to do a large project that runs in a headless
> embedded Linux box. Unfortunately the company's focus changed towards a
> (lower featured) non-Linux implementation :-( .
>

>> All the time you spent on mails about this by now dwarfs the time needed to
>> actually implement it.
> I don't really agree. Even a long lasting mere research _is_ helpful. As well
> for me as for everybody else who might might be willing to implement
> something useful, because he either has the spare time or the need to use it.

I agree about the usefullness of research.
But unlike you, I don't think these mails qualify as research.

MseGUI has a event-loop application type that runs without gui.
I doubt it took martin a day to implement it; probably even less
than half a day.

Michael.