[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.6.4 for GO32

Lubomír Čabla kladno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 21:05:04 CET 2014

First the good news:

this new release of FP.EXE has removed previous errors
and it seems that GDB works. Thank you for your work.

Now the bad news:

1.

When I press "ALT+0" to get window list I get this error
regardless if a file(s) are opened or not:

Runtime error 219 at $00004868
$00004868  FPC_CHECK_OBJECT_EXT,  line 853 of
e:/fpc264/fpcsrc/rtl/inc/generic.inc
$000A614C  TWINDOWLISTBOX__GETTEXT,  line 81 of fpmwnd.inc
$000423B5  TLISTVIEWER__DRAW,  line 3530 of src/views.pas
$0003C8DD  TVIEW__DRAWVIEW,  line 1433 of src/views.pas
$0003E8E0  TGROUP__DRAWSUBVIEWS,  line 2162 of src/views.pas
$0003EA24  TGROUP__DRAW,  line 2209 of src/views.pas
$0003C8DD  TVIEW__DRAWVIEW,  line 1433 of src/views.pas
$0003E8E0  TGROUP__DRAWSUBVIEWS,  line 2162 of src/views.pas
$0003C82C  TVIEW__DRAWUNDERRECT,  line 1409 of src/views.pas
$0003C884  TVIEW__DRAWUNDERVIEW,  line 1424 of src/views.pas

2.

Another problem I got with the keys Trace into (F7) and Step over (F8).

With a simple program using keys F7 and F8 works fine.

I have a project (about 200 000 lines).

When program running in IDE encounters a breakpoint program just hangs.

The same happens when I use a key F7 to trace any procedure
(whether there is a breakpoint or not).

I'm afraid that something overwrites memory because
sometimes the result is a corrupted FAT table.

When I use the "oldies but goldies" FPC 1.0.11 (IDE 0.9.2, GDB 5.2.1)
for the same project everything works well.

Lubomir Cabla